This week’s Top Ten Tuesday on The Broke and the Bookish is: Top Ten Sequels I Can’t Wait to Get. Hmmm. I am not currently reading much in the way of series – they’re just so much investment and I hate the waiting. So I’m including sequels that are already out, but that I haven’t read yet, series I haven’t started and some books I wish had sequels.
Sequels I Can’t Wait to Read
1. The Rosie Effect – Graeme Simsion (Don Tillman #2)
This one has been out for a couple of months now, but I haven’t found time to dive in!
2. Killer Instinct – Jennifer Lynn Barnes (The Naturals #2)
Another book that I’ve been itching to binge read! But part of me wants to keep saving it…
3. I Am the Traitor – Allen Zadoff (The Unknown Traitor #3)
One of the few series I’ve kept up with. I read the first two books in this series, and while they’re not perfect, they’re entertaining and I definitely want to read what comes next.
4. Under Cover – Chris Ryan (Agent 21 #5)
Another series I will keep reading – it’s hit or miss, but there have been a couple I really enjoyed.
5. Mr. Kiss and Tell – Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham (Veronica Mars #2)
Can. Not. WAIT.
Books I WISH Had Sequels
6. Not That Kind of Girl – Lena Dunham
Because there just has to be one. Or two. Or five.
7. Good Omens – Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
It actually doesn’t need to be a sequel. Just anything by this dynamo team would be snapped up by me so fast you wouldn’t even see it happen.
8. Harry Potter – J.K. Rowling
Prequel, sequel, side-story, other perspectives…. this is one world I’d happily move back into and live in forever.
9. The Silver Linings Playbook – Matthew Quick
This book was just so quirky and whimsical. I loved the characters and the premise.
10. The Fault In Our Stars – John Green
In this case, it would be more of a prequel. I’d love to read Augustus Waters’ pre-Hazel story – or even the same story from his perspective!
Alright, guys – your turn! Which series do I need to read? Which sequels are you counting down the days to read? Share in the comments!