This week’s Top Ten Tuesday on The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders. As I mentioned a couple of TTTs ago, series aren’t really my thing. So this is another challenging one for me – but I’ll do my best!
1. Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien. Obvs.
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling. Also obvs.
3. The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper
4.The Deptford Trilogy by Robertson Davies
There are some series I’m not finished but am enjoying so far: Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin, Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, Adrian Mole series by Sue Townsend, Gormenghast Trilogy by Mervyn Peake. Does it count if I like it so far??
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I know, I know, this is going to cause an uproar. The storyline was amazing, as were the characters and world she created. But I hated how the endings to all three books were rushed (as you know if you’ve been reading my blog for awhile) and honestly I didn’t feel like the story lines were wrapped up to my satisfaction at the end of the third book.
6. Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I didn’t actually read all of these, but after what, like 9 or 10 or 11 books? I can’t remember, but as far as I got, I started to get bored. The ending might have picked up again, but at the very least the series wasn’t consistently good enough for me to even want to finish it.
That’s it – that’s all I got! Sorry, guys. I so rarely read serials! Help a girl out – share your faves and least faves in the comments! //<![CDATA[ var sc_project=10144299; var sc_invisible=1; var sc_security="82f610c9"; var scJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://secure." : "http://www."); document.write("”); //]]>