Time to look at the books I added to my shelves this week with Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews! Not necessarily books I bought – also includes books I borrowed, was given or otherwise ended up with. Weeks where I don’t buy books I’ll scramble around my shelves and find some books I haven’t shared in a StS post yet!
- The Best Laid Plans – I’ve heard a lot of buzz about No Relation in the blogosphere of late, plus a friend of mine really loved Up and Down. I liked the premise of this book, and thought I’d give it a try.
- Escape from Camp 14 – This is probably going to be an intense read, but it made me curious and it also fits into my decision to try to read more diversely (at least once in a while).
- We Were Liars – Do I even need to explain this? You’ve all probably already read it anyway!
- How to Buy a Love of Reading – I have no idea if this is going to be any good. But I came across it while browsing discount and remaindered books, so I figured it’s a steal so why not? It’s about a wealthy family who commission a book to be written for their daughter that she’s guaranteed to like in an effort to help her learn to love reading. (I don’t know why they didn’t just buy her the Harry Potter series, but anyway.)
- Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend – Honestly? This just seemed so summery and pretty and light.
- Free to Fall – This reminds me of that Christian Bale movie Equilibrium, which I found equal parts really interesting and completely terrifying.
- Killer Instinct – Kind of like a female, teenaged Dexter. I find these sorts of stories really interesting – usually right up until they kill a cat. (I’m find with Dexter, but the animal killing that usually comes first really upsets me. I know, I’m weird and backwards, but that’s the way it is. I love Criminal Minds but refuse to ever watch Old Yeller or Marley & Me.) So we’ll see.
- The Confabulist -I’m intrigued by this story. Part fictional account of Houdini’s death, part magical tale of illusion, I think it’ll be pretty entertaining.
//<![CDATA[ var sc_project=10144299; var sc_invisible=1; var sc_security="82f610c9"; var scJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://secure." : "http://www."); document.write("”); //]]>