Time to look at the books I added to my shelves this week with Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews! Not necessarily books I bought – also includes books I borrowed, was given or otherwise ended up with. Weeks where I don’t buy books I’ll scramble around my shelves and find some books I haven’t shared in a StS post yet!
- Up A Tree in the Park at Night with a Hedgehog: Came across this and the cover got my attention. Didn’t have any idea what to expect, but it looks promising!
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before: I went back and forth on this one. I was a bit concerned it might be too fluffy for my taste. But I read enough favourable reviews that I decided it was worth a try!
- What I Thought Was True: So many people talking about this one! It seemed like a great lead-in to summer book.
- The Library of Unrequited Love: This one was a bit of a wild card. I picked it up in a sale for practically nothing, mostly because I love books about books.
- This Side of Salvation: I like the concept behind this one – but, as you can probably guess… the cover.
- Let’s Just Say It Wasn’t Pretty: I have heard good things about Keaton’s writing, plus I’ve always liked her. This one is about “beauty, aging, and the importance of staying true to yourself – no matter what anyone else thinks.”
- Dear Nobody: I remember reading Go Ask Alice in high school, and while I don’t remember that much about it, it was part of a set of books that I read at a particular phase. This is supposed to be like Alice, but real. So I’ve gotta give it a try.
- Forever…: I’ve never read any Judy Blume (at least, not that I remember). *Hangs head in shame.* So when I saw that some of her books are being re-released with super pretty covers, I decided it was time to fix that. I ordered Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret first (which, now that I think about it…. why hasn’t it arrived yet? Hmmmph.) and this one caught my eye.
- Nightlight: This is a parody of Twilight. And while I read and enjoyed the Twilight saga, and I try not to be judgy about it… I just couldn’t resist.
- Open Road Summer: I feel like everywhere I turn, I’m hearing about this book.
- The Archived: I heard a nasty rumour that this was supposed to be a trilogy, but the third book was cancelled or something? (If any of you have info on this, please do share.) So I was trying to avoid it because I hate getting invested in things and then having them end abruptly (*Veronica Mars* ahem). But I keep reading reviews, and all of them are just so overwhelmingly good, that I ended up feeling like it was worth it.
- Annihilation: My buddy Julianne over at Outlandish Lit read this recently, and I decided it sounded intriguing (she described it as being kind of like the first two seasons of Lost before it sucked).
So that’s it for this week – what goodies did y’all pick up? //<![CDATA[ var sc_project=10144299; var sc_invisible=1; var sc_security="82f610c9"; var scJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://secure." : "http://www."); document.write("”); //]]>