Time to look at the books I added to my shelves this week with Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews! Not necessarily books I bought – also includes books I borrowed, was given or otherwise ended up with. Weeks where I don’t buy books I’ll scramble around my shelves and find some books I haven’t shared in a StS post yet!
- Far from You: The premise of this book is intriguing. Part teen addiction drama, part murder mystery…. it could be great.
- The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson: I can’t remember which blogger – maybe Chrissi from Chrissi Reads? Anyway, some blogger I respect was going on about Toon’s books, so I thought I’d give this a shot.
- The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry: It’s about a book lover who runs a bookstore. Seriously, need I say more? (Okay fine, it was also in the Chapters top 50 sale.)
- Love Letters to the Dead: I heard about this and pre-ordered it ages ago. Since it came out and the blogosphere started reviewing it, the reactions have been mixed, so I’m not sure if I’ll like it or not. But I like the idea (writing letters to dead musicians like Kurt Cobain), which is enough to keep me interested.
- Ask Me: So this is kind of like that Jim Carrey movie Liar Liar, but not funny. This girl can only tell the truth, but it’s like she’s an oracle or something? I’m not entirely sure, but it sounds interesting.
- Landing Gear: The cover! It’s also a story of intersecting lives, and how the chance landing of one person affects all of them.
- Frog Music: I’ve heard great things about Emma Donoghue, but I’ve never actually read any of her work before. I got this because, like A. J. Fikry it was on the Chapters top 50 list, but also it’s set in San Francisco which is one of my favourite cities, and it’s got murder, retribution and burlesque. Oh my.
- Sekret: I’ve really been enjoying The Americans. So I hold it entirely responsible for my interest in this book, which is about a psychic spy working for the KGB in Soviet Russia.
So that’s my week in books! How ’bout yours? //<![CDATA[ var sc_project=10144299; var sc_invisible=1; var sc_security="82f610c9"; var scJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://secure." : "http://www."); document.write("”); //]]>