The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011*. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence.
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
It’s a great opportunity to kickstart your reading if you’ve gotten slumpy lately, or to push yourself to get a few steps closer to those reading goals. It’s also just a great excuse to turn off the TV, turn off your phone, shut down your computer, and focus on READING! We all like a good excuse to do that, amirite?
Books started and finished:
Infographic Guide to Literature – Joanna Eliot (160 pgs.)
Total pages read: 500
Though I don’t have any hard and fast goals for the week, I’m going to try to finish off at least two books, and read 50 pages per day. I’ll try to remember to post some updates here as I go, but in the meantime, are you participating? What are your reading goals, and how is it going so far? Share in the comments!