Perhaps because of the uncharacteristically hot weather we’ve been having in Vancouver over the past month, I’ve actually gotten through a respectable 6 new (to me) books in the past month – even some that had been on my TBR for quite some time!
Though it’s hard to pick favourites, I think Cold Comfort Farm and Q’s Legacy are the two I can imagine staying with me and eventually getting a re-read. That said, Landline was definitely one I’m glad I got to before the reviews started pouring in and recommend for fans of character-driven, introspective novels. Aisha Tyler’s autobiography was completely hilarious, so if you’re ever in a funk and need some pants-wetting giggles, give her a go.
After reading Q’s Legacy I idly picked up my copy of 84, Charing Cross Road and sort of kind of accidentally ended up re-reading it. The book, as I discovered, also contains The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street (an account of Helene’s first trip to London years after 84) which is simply delightful and made me feel very wistful for London! (I may have started an epic re-watch of As Time Goes By, my fave BritCom upon completion… don’t judge.)
Reviews published in July:
- All My Puny Sorrows by Mariam Toews
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- Deadfall (Agent 21 #4) by Chris Ryan
- Kissing: A Field Guide by Violet Blue
- The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan
- Forever… by Judy Blume
Other things you might have missed:
- I confessed ten of my book blogger secrets
- I shared my 8 Stages of a Reading Slump (in GIFs)
- I listed my favourite movies and TV shows
- I shared my top five book quotes
- I was nominated for a third Liebster Award and answered some more questions
- I listed the top ten characters I’d want to have with me on a desert island
- I (with much difficulty) guessed which ten authors I own the most books by
So that was my month – how about you guys? Which books did you read in the past month? Which was your favourite? Did you write any posts you’re particularly proud of?
//<![CDATA[ var sc_project=10144299; var sc_invisible=1; var sc_security="82f610c9"; var scJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://secure." : "http://www."); document.write("”); //]]>