The lovely Karen over at One More Page kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award a little while ago. I decided to wait before doing the requisite post, since I had written one not so long ago and didn’t want to be too boring and repetitive! But I feel like enough time has now passed for me to bore you with some more stuff about me. So, without further ado, here’s my response to Karen’s post!
I’m supposed to add 11 random facts about myself here, but I’m not sure if I can come up with more, so why don’t you read my first Liebster post where I actually made a full list? There isn’t really anything else you need to know about me. You can find it here.
1. How long have you been blogging/booktubing? What made you want to start?
I’ve been blogging on and off since 2009 but seriously since about a year ago. I originally started it after reviewing books for an onlin arts and entertainment magazine and deciding I wanted my own blog so I could review books that weren’t new releases (hence the name of this blog) as well.
2. Have you always been a reader or was reading a hobby that developed as you grew up?
I’ve pretty much always loved books.
3. Do you have any books that you attribute your love of reading to? Are there any titles that were really influential to you?
I was really into Marice Sendak when I was a kid. I then moved into more highbrow literature like Roald Dahl. Which was quickly followed by a bit of a decline into The Babysitter’s Club. Fortunately I rectified my course and took up with Susan Cooper. In all seriousness, however, I’d say that most of the books I’ve read have influenced me – even if only to show me what I don’t like to read. Anne Frank definitely has a special place in my literary journey, though, if I had to pick one.
4. What is your favourite part about having a book blog/booktube channel?
Sharing my thoughts about books I read and hearing what other people have to say.
5. Do you have a specific way that you organize your bookshelves? If so, what made you choose that system?
Uh… I used to, but now it’s pretty much a wherever-they-can-fit type of situation. So there are a lot random books in places.
6. What is one thing about you that most of your readers/viewers don’t know?
Hmmm. That I didn’t really read for about two years after I finished university.
7. Do you annotate your books or do you like to keep them clean and pristine?
Depends on the book – sometimes I’ve been known to underline or write in margins, but rarely. I’m more inclined to annotate electronic versions.
8. Does a book’s cover influence whether you pick up the book or not? Have you read any books despite not liking its cover and been surprised by how much you liked the contents?
YES. So many books I ordered 90% because I liked the cover. There have been a few that have gone the other way – terrible cover, awesome books – and I’m sure there are a ton more I’ll miss out on because they just never caught my eye.
9. Where is your favourite place to read?
Probably curled up in bed with a purring cat or two…..
10. What upcoming 2014 book are you most excited to read?
Landline by Rainbow Rowell is pretty much my list.
11. What book do you wish everyone would read?
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett – it’s a humble little book with amazing innards.
- What’s your favourite part of book blogging?
- Have you found people in the book blogging community that you really connect with? Anyone you talk to outside of blog comments?
- What’s your favourite genre (or genres) to read?
- Your least favourite?
- Which book do you think everyone should read?
- What books are on your TBR list for the summer?
- Which book cover would you be most likely to frame and hang on your wall as a piece of art?
- If you could ask the author of your favourite book two questions, what would they be?
- Which fictional world do you wish you could move into?
- What’s your favourite literary adaptation? (Movie, TV Show, etc.)
- When you’re not reading, what else are you doing for fun?
- Karolina from Bookshelf Reflections because she’s a very interesting person to chat with and I know she’ll enjoy answering some questions for us!
- Julianne from Outlandish Lit (because she still hasn’t written a post from the first time I nominated her… tsk tsk)
- Stacie from Books Galore because I couldn’t nominate her last time as she was the one who nominated me!
- Katrin from Land of Candy Canes because while she isn’t a strictly book blogger, she is a huge reader, a lover of all things biblio and one of my favourite blog friends.
- Martha from Quick Cheap and Pretty – again she’s not a book blogger, but she reads a TON. Way more than I do, and she’ll try pretty much anything. She’s a great resource for book recs, and if you follow her on Goodreads you’ll always feel like you aren’t reading enough, which can be quite motivational!
Of course, if any of you would like to answer my questions (i.e. nominate yourselves!) please feel free – and share your link in the comments!
Thank you so much to Karen for the nomination – and make sure you go and check out her blog, which is one of my faves on the whole internet! Now that’s saying something. I also recommend following her on Twitter (@karenfma) – she’s around all the time and always game for some book chats! //<![CDATA[ var sc_project=10144299; var sc_invisible=1; var sc_security="82f610c9"; var scJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://secure." : "http://www."); document.write("”); //]]>