Good morning and welcome to Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon! At this point the Readathon is about 4 hours old, and I’m just getting started (I’m not a morning person. Sue me.). I’ve got my cozy socks, my comfy chair and a whole stack of fantastic books just waiting for me to dive in!
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? The west coast of Canada.
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Hmm. I’m really excited to get further into Life After Life, but I’m probably going to stick with some of the shorter reads. Definitely looking forward to Citizen and The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B!
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? I’ve been having tummy troubles (ended up in hospital this time last week), so right now I’m on a really restricted diet. I did make some digestible soup yesterday, though, so it’ll be nice to have something other than jello and apple sauce and plain crackers!
- Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m a huge fan of quirky, witty, humorous books. I’m also probably going to be taking some time off this evening to watch the ‘Nucks vs. Flames game, because that’s pretty important too! In addition to reading voraciously, I love TV (Criminal Minds, Secrets & Lies, Scandal, Nashville, Chicago Fire, Madam Secretary, Elementary, Big Bang Theory, iZombie… etc.). I also have three furry kittens who will likely be my snoozing companions today!
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I had planned to have a real-life reading buddy, but unfortunately a bad back intervened. I’m going to be chatting online with a few of my blogger buddies today, though, and I think actually knowing other readers who are participating will make it extra fun!
- What are you reading right now? Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill.
- How many books have you read so far? Finished two, now on my third.
- What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Hoping I’ll do a better job of focusing! So far I’ve found myself having trouble and getting distracted easily!
- Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? To be honest, I’ve mostly been interrupting myself. I’ve never been able to control me.
- What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Hmmm. I haven’t really had many surprises this time around – maybe just how hard it’s been to buckle down. I’ve had a bit of a rough week, and it’s affecting my concentration, so I guess it’s just bad timing! Here’s hoping I manage to get it together for the second half!
I’ll be updating my progress throughout the day here, so if you’re wondering how I’m doing, check back! My stats:
- Books I’ve read part of so far: 5
- Books I’ve finished so far: Nothing Like Love by Sabrina Ramnanan, Citizen by Claudie Rankine, Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill, part of The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B by Teresa Toten and Men Explain Things To Me by Rebecca Solnit
- Total number of books finished: 3
- Total hours spent reading: 8 (or somewhere around there – lots of stopping and starting!)
If you don’t know what the Readathon is, or if you want some veteran advice, check out my tips post here. How’s your Readathon going? Share in the comments, or better yet, hop over to Twitter and send me a Tweet!